As we have 60,000+ participants traveling to and from Black Rock City along a two-lane rural highway every year, traffic (and avoiding it) can be a significant part of the Burning Man experience. Please know that the Burning Man Organization is working year-round to analyze the problem(s): we are consulting with traffic engineering experts, listening to the best ideas from the community, and brainstorming new solutions to the traffic challenge. Each year there are improvements to our design and each year we value participant feedback.
Ultimately, it’s up to every participant to help alleviate the traffic problem by becoming educated, making sure their friends and campmates are educated as well, and planning ahead! Here are links to important information to help YOU plan, thus helping the community as a whole:
- Travel Tips and Reminders
- Burning Man Rideshare Board
- Arriving at BRC: What to Expect at the Gate
- Gate FAQ — tons of info
- Items Not Allowed Through the Gate
- Exodus Information & Tips
- Trash Disposal: Leave No Trace on Highways & Neighboring Communities!
- The NDOT Dashboard for field device data
- NDOT Live Streaming Data
- NDOT Weather Station Data
Thank you for playing your part in our event’s successful future!