Weather on the playa is often violent and unpredictable. Dust storms, high winds, freezing temperatures, rain, we get it all out there. It’s impossible to be overly prepared when it comes to the elements.
Here’s more weather information than you want to know, whether you need it or not!
- Intellicast’s Burning Man 4 day-forecast Wind charts, precipitation and more.
- The Weather Underground for Gerlach A good weather page that provides current weather, 3-day forecast, plus extended forecast for Gerlach, Nevada (or any other city in the U.S.). Gerlach is to be the closest city to the Burning Man site with a local weather forecast available.
- National Weather Service’s Nevada Page Also provides current weather plus three day forecast for all Nevada cities that track local weather. Highlight the city of choice (Gerlach), click, and you’re there.
- National Weather Service Reno, NV Radar Radar images for the Reno and surrounding areas.
- The Real Time Weather Data satellite page Beautiful current satellite photos. Select WMC for an image centered on Winnemuca.