In 2016, the annular streets are named:
The road circling Center Camp is named “Rod’s Road” in honor of BRC site architect Rod Garrett (1936-2011).
New for 2016:
- Ice sales formerly at B street at 3:00 and 9:00 streets have moved to mid-city: on G street at 3:00 and 9:00 streets
- All streets are 40 feet wide.
- All Plazas (except Center Camp) are now 250 feet in diameter.
- Plazas formerly on K at 3:00 and 9:00 streets are now on G at 3:00 and 9:00 streets.
- The plaza formerly on K at 6:00 street is now on I at 6:00 street.
- Auxillary Parking
- To open up more camping space, campers can now park their extra vehicles across L at the flag fence, between 7:15 and 10:00 streets. There remains no camping or driving outside the flag fence between 5:00 and 10:00. For walk-in camping — located between 2:00 and 5:00 — park your vehicles across L street at the flag fence, and set up your camp outside the parking flag fence.
The radial streets of Black Rock City are named by their clock position. The light blue shaded area does not specify, but rather approximates, where you will find reserved-placement camps: interactive theme camps, camps supporting art installations, and infrastructure camps. We’ve softened the edges of the reserved-placement shading here as this zone fluctuates greatly between this initial city plan and the final placed camp plan displayed at the event site.
Reserved camp space is marked on the playa with blue survey flags. Some of these plots are so large that they may appear unclaimed and available, when they actually are not. Be sure to camp outside the blue flagged zones to avoid encroaching on reserved zones and then having to relocate your camp.
Note: Walk-in camping is for people who drove their cars into BRC but don’t camp with their cars. You still need a vehicle pass to drive in and park before carrying your gear to walk-in camping.
The distance from the innermost Esplanade street to the Man is 2,500 feet. Esplanade to Arno Street, curb to curb, is 400 feet deep. Mid-city double-deep blocks are located between Effigiare and Guild streets and are 440 feet deep. The remaining blocks are 200 feet deep.
Download the PDF version (5MB) of the 2016 City Plan for on-screen viewing or printing.