The Camp Support Team is excited to announce the 2024 Burning Man Camp Symposium!
When: Saturday, March 16, 2024 from 10 am to 4 pm PST
Where: Anywhere you connect to the internet
Cost: Absolutely free; donations of $10-$20 appreciated
Who: You and Burning Man community leaders! This event is open to all.
Join the fun! Sign up to secure your virtual seat: REGISTER HERE
Morning plenary session will include…
- Learnings from BRC 2023
- Placement and Burning Man Project plans for 2024
- Center Camp Central Plaza / City Plan updates
- Panels on Burner Cultural Stewardship and
- Emergency planning for the next storm
Afternoon breakout workshops will include…
- Camp Dynamics: Discover how to maximize the star power in your camp in this workshop by Harley K. Dubois, Co-Founder and Chief Culture Officer at the Burning Man Project.
- Sustainable Power Solutions: Focuses on hybrid power for camps and artists, combining solar, batteries, and generators to provide safe and sustainable energy in any weather.
- Shade Infrastructure: Discuss the ins and outs of shade structures with humor and expertise.
- Efficient Camp Layout and Facilitation: Learn about designing your allotted camp space from seasoned camp leads for maximum interactivity, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Camp Finances: Dive into this discussion on budgeting and managing ticket surpluses for your camp.
- Building Camp Resiliency Through Acculturation: A lively roundtable discussion on fostering acculturation and resilience among new Burners, especially when sh*t hits the fan.
- Burnout-Proof Camp Leadership: Explore how to create a well-balanced, burnout-proof leadership structure for camps of all sizes.
- Emergency Planning: Equip yourself with knowledge to handle dust, mud, and unexpected chaos
- Radical Inclusion: Engage in a panel discussion on cultivating a camp culture of acceptance, understanding, and radical inclusion.
- Art in Black Rock City: Hear from Burning Man Project’s Art Management Department and learn about art on open playa and how theme camps support artists.
- Support Camp Engagement: Innovative ways art, mutant vehicle, and work support camps can actively engage with and contribute to their neighborhood.
- Camp Frontage and Interactivity: Venture into the art of theme camp creation focusing on frontage design and interactivity, as shared by experienced camp leads and Placers.
The Camp Symposium is by Burners for Burners. We’re still looking for participation to help make the day a success including for speakers and moderators. Fill out the Breakout Participation Form if you’d like to volunteer at the Symposium.
To view content from previous Camp Symposiums, visit Burning Man Project’s YouTube channel. There’s a lot of great information from former years that are still useful today!