What: Net Zero Black Rock City is a gathering to showcase and incubate sustainable technologies created by the Burning Man community. Net Zero BRC brings together project leaders from theme camps, art installations, mutant vehicles. Together we will build a custom solar-powered shade structure and participate in a variety of workshops, discussions, and ideation sessions around solar, transportation, waste management, and so much more. You are invited to learn, share, and accelerate solutions that bring us closer to getting Black Rock City off fossil fuels.
Foster relationships and communities around the 2030 Sustainability Roadmap
Ideate and develop sustainability programs and projects
Inspire and educate by showcasing green technologies and hosting workshops applicable to BRC
When: Thursday July 7th – Sunday July 10th
Where: In fabulous Gerlach, Nevada! At these unique gatherings we will stay at The 360, Burning Man’s newest off-grid, year-round makers ranch that supports theme camps, art projects, mutant vehicles, black rock city teams, DPW and independent creators of all kinds. We’ve built the foundation for new gathering spaces to support the goals set by Burning Man Project’s Sustainability Roadmap (watch the two year update here).
The 360 is:
- A maker space to support participants, theme camps, and artists
- A year-round desert hub, extending the positive impact of Burning Man on the local economy
- An off-grid pilot project for green energy
- A pathway to getting Burning Man Project and Black Rock City off fossil fuels, increasing access for theme camp, artist, mutant vehicle storage as close to the Black Rock City as possible
- Accommodations are provided in living boxes with a full-sized bed and solar-powered A/C. Please bring your own bedding: sheets, pillows, blankets. Additional space is available to bring your own RV or trailer.
- Showers, porta-potties, handwashing stations, and potable water are provided
- Communal kitchen, shade, dining area, and large fridges/freezers for BYO food storage.
- Cooking tools are available for use – bring your own plate, cup, bowl and utensils
- Communal work shade for projects and space for working on larger items, like containers
- A small amount of power for charging batteries for hand tools and phones is available
- A small number of basic tools is available, however, if your project needs complex tools and/or you aren’t interested in sharing, bringing your own is strongly recommended
- The site, just like Black Rock City, practices Leave No Trace – plan to pack it in and pack it out