Burning Man Presents…
San Francisco Decompression 2017: Black Top City!
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR FOR $35! WE ARE NOT SOLD OUT! C’MON DOWN AND ENJOY A BEAUTIFUL DECOMPRESSION!
Saturday October 14th (New date this year, Saturday!)
Pier 70, 22nd & Illinois St, San Francisco
Event runs 2:00pm-4:00am, all ages welcome
Tickets $25-30 advance, $35 door, kids under 12 free!
Food & beverages available with a portion of food proceeds benefitting art. Eat for art!
ONLINE PRESALE IS OVER, BUT WE ARE NOT SOLD OUT! SEE YOU SOOOOOON!
Mass Transit: Near the T-Line on 3 rd St. and near major bus lines #22 & #48
Bike Parking: 22nd St & Illinois
Rideshare: Illinois between 20th & 22nd ; Taxi Stand: Illinois between 22nd & 23rd
And now… our Black Top City Performance Schedules!
2:00-3:50 Shahid Buttar
3:55-4:55 Rafa’s One Man Band
6:05-6:45 The Quart of Blood Technique
6:45-8:20 Skyler Villain of the Vaude Villainz
8:20 Fire Performance –
8:32 Cindy Sparks
8:37 Lucid Dreamflow
8:42 Fire and Glow
8:46 Dembaya Fire Solo
9:06 Lucid Dream Flow
9:11 Mitchie Hoops
9:16 C Pham
9:21 Dembaya Fire Solo
9:30 Cary Jerome
9:35 Lucid Dreamflow
9:40 Firelight Society
9:45 Surreal Fire Conclave
10:00 Fire Performance
10:00-10:15 House of Inanna Belly Dance
10:20-10:25 The Playa Players – The Rite of Spring
10:30-12:00 Dave Kim
12:00-1:30 Willie SaySo
1:35-2:20 The Long Way
Opulent Kazbah Stage
3:00-4:00 Clint Williams
4:00-5:00 Acid Boyz
5:00-6:15 Mitch Rubiyald
6:15-7:15 Sophia Prize
9:00-10:00 Dusty Carter
11:00-12:00 Syd Gris
12:00-1:00 Ali Khalili
1:00-2:00 Brian Peek
2:00-3:00 Papa Lu
3:00-4:00 DJ Scott E
People’s Cabaret Stage
2:00-3:15 No Rush
3:20-4:20 Steve Ward Moore
4:25-5:25 DJ Danimal
5:30-6:30 Circuit Jerks
6:35-7:55 Dr. Hypno and the Power of Sound
10:40-11:20 The Mule
11:25-12:25 DJ TURBOLIFT
12:30-1:30 Press Players
2-3:30 Amber Leigh (MagnusFlora)
3:30-5 Trever Pearson (Comfort & Joy)
5-6:30 David VVayman (BAAAHS)
6:30-8 Beya / Benjamin Bellayuto (Polyglamorous)
8-9:30 Collin Bass (Dad Rave)
9:30-11 Michael Romano (Otterbots)
11-12:30 Traaven / Tom Seago (Glamcocks)
12:30-2 Kelly Naughton (BAAAHS / D.A.D.)
Bounce & Dusty Rhino
2:00-3:00 Daniel Boyer (Bounce)
3:00-4:00 DJ Dane (Dusty Rhino)
4:00-5:00 Dancing Mandy (Bounce)
5:00-6:00 DJ MK ((Dusty Rhino)
6:00-7:00 Mystr Hatchet (Dusty Rhino)
7:00-8:00 PhilthyPhil (Dancetronauts)
9:00-10:00 Mr Bounceman (Bounce)
10:00-11:00 Nugz (Dusty Rhino)
11:00-12:00 Tek Freaks (Bounce)
Silent Roller Disco (Channel 1)
5:00-6:00 Cypher Fox
7:00-8:00 Travis Creamer
1:00-2:00 Corrine (of Bitch Plz)
2:00-3:00 GPK Felixx
Silent Roller Disco (Channel 3)
2:00-4:00 Leyl Master Black
4:00-5:30 DJ MOTOROLA
7:00-8:30 Jason Godfrey
12:00-1:00 Victor Crulich
Silent Airpusher (Channel 1)
8:00-9:00 DJ Due
9:00-10:00 Black Velveteen
12:00-3:00 Cptn Jay, J-KIND, & Jon Bames
Silent Airpusher (Channel 2)
9:00-11:00 Glitter Ranch Butt Darts Society
11:00-12:00 Liquid Love
1:00-2:00 DJ Axel Holmes
2:00-3:00 Maurice & Jill (Planned Playahood)
Silent Airpusher (Channel 3)
7:00-8:00 DJ Bimes
8:00-9:00 DJ Taylor Wolfsen
10:00-11:00 DJ Rundown
12:00-1:00 Player 1
2:00-3:00 DJ Cheese
Kindred Spirit / Fuckin’ YAY
2:00-3:20 Babs (Fuckin’ YAY)
3:20-4:40 Jacie (Fuckin’ YAY)
4:40-6:00 Lucho (Fuckin’ YAY)
6:00-7:00 Burnings without Borders
7:00-9:00 Manitou (Kindred Spirit)
9:00-10:00 Leopard Print (Kindred Spirit)
10:00-1:00 CWills (Kindred Spirit)
1:00-4:00 Dodley (Kindred Spirit)
From the Decompression team:
It’s scary in Northern California right now. The fires raging in the North Bay have caused heartbreaking damage to the homes and livelihoods of thousands of people, including many in our community, and the ash and smoke have blown all the way to the Bay Area. It’s hard to imagine holding Decompression here during all this — but we are. It’s important.
We have to come together in times like these. Being in community breeds resiliency far better than staying home. And as always, when there are urgent community needs during a Burning Man event, groups of participants have organized relief efforts at Decompression:
* Skinny Kitty Teahouse is collecting clothing (shirts, pants, socks, shoes, new underwear) for adults and children, canned food, blankets, pillows and toys.
* The Kazbah is collecting socks, boxers, tote bags, potatoes, onions, blankets, sleeping bags and pillows.
* Burners Without Borders is holding a tool donation drive at Decompression. Details here: http://bit.ly/2wUkO0d
(If you are interested in finding out more about how to volunteer and get involved, visit BWB at the event.)
Please bring only items detailed here, and make sure they’re in good condition, or they may not be accepted.
Yes, you might be planning to skip Decom and go volunteer up north. If that’s what you’re called to do, please go, and please be safe. For those who will be in the Bay this weekend, SF Decompression will be here for you — and for the victims of the North Bay fires. Let’s come together and remember why we say “Welcome home.”
For your health and safety, check the air quality on Saturday and bring breathing masks for yourself and a few to share. Radical Self-reliance, Civic Responsibility and Gifting matter even more right now.
DECOMPRESSION 2017 Featuring…
Art & Fire Art!
Beatboxer, Body Paint, Booth of Booths, Burning Man 3D Lenticular Prints, Carousel Candeo, CBT The Lucy Booth Project, Chinese Beyond Borders, Cirque d’Reflections, Conversations I Wish I Had, Daruma, Dia de los Muertos Piano, Deities of Yesteryear, Fire Inside Art, Galactus, Galerie d’Art Cher, Geotriptych, Glowwind Sculptures, Goddess / Third Eye Painting, Gummy Bear Pyramid, In the Line of Fire, Infinite Bloom, Kinetic MerKaBa Vehicle, Laboratory of Hallucinations, Le Attrata, LED Couches, Mezmerize, Mobile Resource Unit (BWB), Mystic Flyer LED Panels, Reverence, Shrine of Dough, SearchLights + Rainbow Gyro, Shrunken Heads, The Birthing Canal, The Bridge and The Cage, The Hypnosphere, The Luster Cluster, The Mumblewaze, The Sacred Order of the Cats Eye Nebula, The ZOA, Watercolors of BM2017, Gallery of Burning Man Art, and MORE!
Theme Camps & More!
Above the Limit, And Then There’s Only Love, Black Rock Beacon, Black Rock Explorers, Black Rock Observatory, Black Rock Rangers, BRC3PO, Burners Without Borders, Burning Man DPW, Camp Beaverton, Camp Orange Banana Stand, CLITS-Cover Logos If They Show, Discovery, DPW/ DPW Karaoke, Eggs Bar, Everywhere, Flowtopia, The Golden Guy, Hardly, Hookahdome, Kidsville, The Love and Meditation Dome, Mad Max Model Extravaganza, Naked Espresso, Pancake Playhouse, Playa Info, PlayaTerps, Porta Party Pizza, Sextant Camp Tesla Coils, Shantitown Pizza Training, Sketchy Camp, Skinny Kitty Tea House, The Everywhere Pavilion, SK8 Kamp, Sun Guardians: Sun G’s Teas, Unicorner, Volunteer Resource Team, Yummy RUMinations
Sound Camps & Vehicles!
Airpusher, Black Rock Roller Disco, BMIR-FM, DPW Karaoke, Dusty Rhino, Fuckin’ Yay Camp, Kindred Spirit, MagnusFlora, Opulent Temple, queerFACES, The Bounce Car, The Kazbah, Zero dB
Bahamut, Dawnstar Space Bus, Kissy Fish and Mello Mtneers, Hermie the Crab, Landau the Dragon, Nasha Lodka, Quesadillo, Sofamatic, Space Kraken, The Game Train, The Gifting Zephyr, The Playa Crawler
Bring your extraordinary self, dress to express, and please help out by doing these 7 things:
- Arrive early! Enjoy the full event and help keep lines short and moving.
- Bike or take mass transit – avoid driving on Illinois Street.
- Respect our neighbors. No loud noises. Don’t block driveways. Use OUR toilets.
- NO boomboxes, renegade sound systems, or fire.
- NEW THIS YEAR: No outside beverages are permitted at Pier 70, don’t bring ’em in!
- Leave no trace! Pack out all the trash you bring in & help sort any litter you see.
- Come back Sunday at 11am to help with our neighborhood cleanup.
BYO empty water bottle for the free water bars.
Decompression is built through incredible volunteer efforts, cooperation, and community in action! Just like Black Rock City, nobody builds alone, and nothing disappears by itself! Your community needs YOU to help. Contact our Community Events volunteer coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org to be a part of Black Top City! No Spectators!
The 2017 DECOMmandments & Survival Guide
Oct. 14, 2017, 2pm-4am. Outdoor sound ends 12am. Indoor ends 4am.
MASS TRANSIT for best results! Just 2 blocks off the T-Line or take bus lines #22 and #48.
RIDESHARE: Pick up between 20th and 21st on Illionois St. NOT on 22nd Street.
TAXI STAND: Between 22nd and 23rd & Illinois; BIKE Parking: 22nd & Illinois
Important Info & How YOU Can Help!
- Arrive early!
- Dress expressively – layers for outside and inside
- Perform Random Acts of Art, Kindness and Gifting.
- Volunteer! Stop in at Volunteer Check-In. At a minimum, pick up any trash, club fliers, and feathery bits as you enter and exit to Leave No Trace.
- Respect Neighbors: Don’t block driveways, use OUR toilets and enter and leave the area VERY quietly. Do not camp overnight in the neighborhood.
- Don’t drive on Illinois Street to avoid traffic.
- Free water bars at 2 locations. Bring EMPTY water bottle.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES AND “NOT ALLOWED” LIST:
- No outside beverages — no exceptions, venue rule!
- No mobile sound systems or any amplified sound
- No food/beverage service or vending
- No Fire performance, fire art, BBQs, fire hats, candles or burning clumps of sage
- No smoking as per Article 19L SF Health Code
- No bikes beyond bike parking area before entry
- Pack out all trash and help us LEAVE NO TRACE! Pick up trash and deposit it in appropriate sorting pails.
- Breakdown is 4:00 AM!
- FOR OUTSIDE LOT: No drumming, live instruments, loud sounds, megaphones or amplified sound after 12am Midnight .
- Take special care during exodus. Have someone safely guide and walk you out and get home safe.
- Leave Quietly and help one another to your cars and next destinations. This is an urban environment, so watch your stuff; and it’s best to travel in numbers at night. If you are alone, ask a Ranger for help. PLEASE do not drive if you are intoxicated.
- Return 11am Sunday Morning! Join us between 11am-5pm for our annual neighborhood clean-up! Meet at 22nd & Illinois. We will start on Illinois St. & Terry Francois, move to 22nd and 3rd Streets and surrounding streets. Many hands make light work and every year we leave the neighborhood CLEANER than it was. We’ll bring supplies, breakfast treats, coffee and thank you gifts!
THANK YOU for your part in bringing the spirit of Black Rock City to “Black Top City” in SF and for making this a year-round community! Special thanks to our volunteer Community Events Team and ALL the artists, performers, theme camps, volunteers, neighbors in the Dogpatch, SFFD, the Port, Jack Sylvan and Forest City, Bayview Police Dept, ISCOTT, Entertainment Commission, and many others involved with this day. Thank you and HOORAY!!!
To volunteer: Email: CEemail@example.com