So, you want to register a Theme Camp or Village. The placed-camp registration questionnaire goes live mid-February and the deadline for submission is the end of April. See profiles.burningman.org/participate/brc for exact dates in a specific year.
Criteria for registration:
- Camps should be visually stimulating, have an inviting design and a plan for bike parking and crowd management.
- Camps must be interactive. They should include activities, events or services within their camps and they must be available to the entire Burning Man community.
- Camps must be neighborly. This includes keeping sound within set limits, controlling where camp generators vent exhaust, and easily resolving any boundary disputes that arise.
- Camps must have a good previous MOOP record (for returning camps).
- Camps must follow safety protocols designed by the organization, including traffic management on the streets, proper handling of fuels, and any other areas defined by the organization’s production team.
- Finally, camps must submit a registration questionnaire — including an uploaded camp layout plan and a Leaving No Trace commitment — before the last Thursday in April deadline.
Thank you for creating a Theme Camp for Burning Man!