Burning Man Project greatly values the Global Art Grants program and is working to ensure it continues into the future. With the dynamic nature of 2020, we are postponing an announcement on the program status until we’re able to have a better sense of when we can reignite the program. We look forward to sharing an update as soon as possible.
Application Submission Instructions
If your project or program fits our eligibility criteria and aligns with our mission and values, please follow these instructions to be considered for funding. Full proposals will be accepted by invitation only. To be invited, you must submit a Letter of Intent (LOI).
It’s mandatory that you submit your LOI through our online process; we will not accept applications via email or mail.
Letter of Intent (LOI) Instructions
Our online Letter of Intent will give you the opportunity to provide us with the following:
- Contact information
- General information about your project
- A brief physical description of the project
- A brief statement of how the project fits the mission and criteria for this program
- One to three images showing how the project will appear (a rough sketch is fine at this stage)
- Some information about the funding you are seeking
Once you create a profile, you can navigate to the form through the Burner Profiles site (click on “Participation Forms”) or go directly to Burner Profiles – Burning Man Art Grants.
If you have any technical issues with the submission form or Burner Profiles in general, feel free to ask for help via the technical support contact form. You will get a faster response from this form than contacting anyone individually.
A copy of the 2020 LOI questions is available as a Google doc here. We recommend you compose and edit your responses in a word processor before beginning our online form, and pasting the responses into the form so you do not risk losing work if your browser or our website crashes during the process of submitting.
Full Proposal Instructions
Invitations for proposals will be extended to projects selected from the pool of those submitting an LOI. If selected, you will be invited to fill out our full application online. Uninvited proposals will not be considered.
In our online application, you will have the opportunity to describe your project and tell us about its goals, audience and interactive potential.
A complete proposal includes:
- The completion of the online proposal (available through Burner Profiles). We do not accept printed and mailed proposals.
- A timeline. Our online form contains fields where you may describe your timeline.
- A budget. We require applicants to submit a budget using our template.
- Supplemental images and materials. You will have the opportunity to upload images or other media files. We highly recommend you submit visual representations of your proposed project; sketches and/or photos of other, similar precedents of work may be submitted as representations of your proposed project. In the full proposal, you may also submit samples of your previous work. If you are an emerging artist and don’t have photos, sketches or renderings of your proposed or previous projects, please submit anything you feel is relevant that will demonstrate your ideas and/or creative skills to the committee.
A copy of the 2020 Full Proposal questions is available as a Google doc here. Similar to the LOI process, we recommend you compose and edit your responses in a word processor before beginning our online form, and pasting the responses into the form so you do not risk losing work if your browser or our website crashes during the process of submitting.
Thank you for taking the time to read and digest this information before applying. If you have any further questions about the program after reading this page, you may contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification on proposal questions or processes; or
email@example.com for technical issues with your application.