The application process for our 2024 grant cycle is CLOSED.
If you’re interested in applying for funding for an art installation bound for the annual Burning Man event in Black Rock City, you must first submit a Letter of Intent which will allow the Grant Committee to select which projects will be invited to submit a full proposal.
To apply for a BRC Honorarium, please make sure you’ve read about the Black Rock City Honoraria program, check out the LOI Instructions and FAQ, and then submit a Letter of Intent via Burner Profiles. It’s mandatory that you submit your LOI through our online process; we will not accept applications via email or mail.
Preview of the Letter of Intent Questions
All of the questions on the 2024 BRC Honoraria LOI form are available in a preview document; you can create your own copy of the preview document to draft your responses before entering them in the online form.
2024 Honoraria Application Timeline
- October 17, 2023: online LOI application for our 2024 grant cycle opens
- October 24, 2023, 11:00am – 12:30pm Pacific time: Q&A Session #1
- October 26, 2023, 4:00 – 5:30pm Pacific time: Q&A Session #2
- November 16, 2023 at 5pm Pacific time: LOI application for our 2024 grant cycle closes
- December 20, 2023: LOI notification
- January 18, 2024 at 5pm Pacific time: deadline for full proposals (accepted by invitation only)
- Early March 2024: selected grantees are notified
Late or incomplete Letters of Intent will not be accepted. No exceptions.